Nowgong Polytechnic Library
The main Library of Nowgong Polytechnic is located in mian Building with 302 sq. mtr. of floor area for all users. It provides one of the important academic services with easy access to all users. Reading area (space) of our Library is 25 intake sitting capacity.
The Library will remain open on all the working days except Govt. holidays from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Members/users of Library:
- The membership of the library is open to all the students, teachers and regular employees of the Institute.
- On special request outsiders are also admitted for a short period to use the Library for reference purposes.
Library is a centre of knowledge and information.
The Nowgong Polytechnic provides one of the most important academic services to the institute. There are many resources in our Library to help our students and staff, including Books, Journals, Newspapers, Project Reports, Thesis etc.
Library reading materials:
1. Books: Central Library - 21,930 (aprx.)
2. News Papers- - 4 Numbers.
3. National and International Journals - 15 Numbers.
4. Thesis - 3 Numbers.
5. Project Report - 2 Numbers
Facility and Services:
- Circulation Service- Lending of Library Materials to users and returned of loaned items.
- Library Orientation program is offered to new members to familiarize every new member with the library resources, services, and facilities.
- Reference Service- We try to help users to answer the questions of users as well as helping the users to locate the information that they need in the library.
- Reading facility: Reading space consists of 25 seats for users.
- Library is automated with SOUL software.
- Library has 7 computers with internet connection for students and staff to access the resources.
- Through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) user can search bibliographical details by Author, Title, Subject, Call Number, Keywords etc.
- Book Bank facility is provided for ST/SC students.
- Our Library is a member of National Digital Library and students are registered with National Digital Library so they can avail the facilities of NPTEL and other online learning facilities.
- Project Reports are mainly kept in Department Library. A copy of the list of these Project Reports are present in the main Library, which is accessible by the students as per requirement.
- To make the books easily accessible by the students a list of books available in various Department Library kept in main Library. This list can be easily used by the users to locate the required books. This process also helps us to provide proper information about the availability of various books.
- CCTV facility is available in our Library.